Who is eligible to join the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
- Employees of the California Institute of Technology who work at the Campus, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Mt. Wilson, Mt. Palomar, etc.;
- NASA employees at JPL
- Employees of the Henry R. Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens;
- Independent contractors and documented volunteers who have worked regularly for the Caltech Campus, JPL, or The Huntington;
- Registered graduate and undergraduate students of Caltech;
- Members of the Caltech Alumni Association;
- Employees of the Carnegie Institute of Washington located in Pasadena and Palomar;
- Employees of CARA
- The Associates of the California Institute of Technology
- Faculty, administration and students of the Polytechnic School
- Immediate family of current members
Please refer to the How to Join menu for additional information.
Once I become a member, can I always be a member, even if I am no longer associated with a sponsoring organization?
Yes, you may continue your membership with the Credit Union for as long as you wish, even if you leave the qualifying organization. "Once a member, always a member" is in full effect at Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union.
What services are available at the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
The following services are available:
- Savings Accounts
- Visa Card
- ATM Card
- Electronic Direct Deposit
- PC Access Banking Services (CEFCU@HOME), including e-Statement, e-Move and WebLoan24
- Payroll Deduction
- American Express Travelers Cheques
- VISA Gift Cards
- Official Checks
- Wired Funds Services
- and more!
Please refer to the Our Services menu for additional information.
What are the locations and operating hours of Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union offices?
We have offices on the Caltech Campus, at JPL and in La Caņada Flintridge. ATM card holders can also access their accounts through any "CO-OP System", "Plus System" or "Star System" automatic teller machine. For addresses and office hours, please refer to the Our Locations and Hours menu.
Are the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union offices open during Caltech/JPL holidays?
No, but ATM access to your account is available 24 hours a day from any "CO-OP System", "Plus System" or "Star System" automatic teller machine. Also, CEFCU@HOME users always have access to their accounts 24/7 and even on holidays!
Can I access the services of any other Credit Unions through my membership in the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
You may make deposits to your accounts at other credit unions when you use one of our deposit-taking CO-OP ATMs. For locations, please refer to ATM Locations.
What electronic banking capabilities are available with the Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union?
Electronic Direct Deposit, Payroll Deduction, Wired Funds, Automatic Teller Machine (ATM), and online account access (CEFCU@HOME) services are currently available. We are always looking to improve and enhance the security and ease provided through electronic banking.